My 10 Minute Skincare & Beauty Routine
One amazing benefit of living a plant-based or vegan diet, is definitely how it affects my skin! I previously had to go on a specific hormone birth control that helped clear up my skin due to breakouts, but after going vegan, I was able to stop using it! My skin has cleared up and became less blotchy since I changed my diet. But that doesn’t mean I don’t spend a good amount of time or money into taking care of it!
So I thought I’d let you in on my morning routine for taking care of my skin and of course beautifying it a bit ;)
1. Clarisonic Mia 2 - I typically only use this when I’m in the shower (it’s waterproof!); it’s basically a vibrating face washing brush. It’s gentle enough to use on your face daily, but gives an amazing deep clean! You can choose from several different brush heads, depending on your skin type. It’s also advised that you change the brush head every couple of months, also depending on how much usage it’s getting. It’s a bit pricey, but when you’re using it everyday and it comes to the health of your face, it’s worth it!
2. Giovanni Cosmetics D:tox System Purifying Facial Cleanser - This product is USDA Organic, Cruelty-Free, Vegetarian, and free of phthalates/artificial fragrances/dyes/sulfates/parabens/PEGs. I like this cleanser the best when using my Clarisonic because it gets a bit more suddsy.
2. Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash – Original - I love, love, love this face wash! It’s also vegetarian, cruelty free, and has none of that other bad stuff I listed above. It makes my face feel incredibly clean and even makes my skin feel a bit tighter after a wash. The soap is a little thinner so you only need a drop or two to wash your whole face! Also, because of its texture, it works better with your hands versus using the Clarisonic. So I use either this or the Giovanni cleanser, depending on the situation.
3. Giovanni Cosmetics D:tox System Replenishing Facial Moisturizer - Everyone needs a little moisture after a face wash! It even has some lovely green tea and fig antioxidants in it as well.
4. Tarte Cosmetics Maracuja Creaseless Concealer - Hooray, vegan makeup! I’ve searched and searched for a cruelty free AND vegan makeup line, and Tarte has done it! Unfortunately not all of their products are totally vegan, but they do have a pretty good collection. There makeup is also formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfates, synthetic fragrances or gluten! Who needs those guys anyway?! I put this on after my moisturizer and before foundation for those ugly dark circles under my eyes after long nights of work or studying!
5. Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer - Finally a BB Cream that blends perfectly with my skin tone! (I wear the light-medium color.) This BB cream is oil-free, which I love, because I tend to have oilier/combination skin. It’s also SPF 20, which EWG suggests you wear at least 15+ SPF at all times.
6. Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral Powder - This powder is unfortunately not from their vegan line :( I’m still working on finding a vegan powder (that’s not loose) to use. I use this right after my BB cream to give my face a matte finish that lasts all day!
7. MAC Cosmetics Expresso Eyeshadow - Now I know 90% of MAC’s products are not vegan-friendly, but I unfortunately have not found a replacement to this product! I use MAC’s Expresso to fill in my eyebrows a bit everyday, but once I run out, I’ll definitely be on the hunt for a cruelty free and vegan version. Any suggestions??
I hope you find my 10 minute skin care and beauty routine helpful! What products do you swear by to keep your skin clean and clear? Leave a comment down below and let me know what you think :)